Key Fob Replacement
There’s a reason customers keep coming back
Car Key Reprogramming
We can duplicate or reprogram your vehicle key quickly and less expensive than any dealership. We come to you and meet you wherever you are. In 99% of cases we create your smart key right there on the spot.
Have a smart key for your car? No problem! Our professionals can duplicate virtually every make and model of smart key, too. Check with us before buying a key to program, though! It’s important to note that not all keys can be programmed to all cars.
We’re happy to provide you with a smart key that works for your car, or suggest options you can buy for yourself.
FREE Onsite Quote
Automotive Key Fob Solutions
We come right to you and reprogram your keys right on the spot!
I Need a Key Fob Reprogrammed! What Do I Do?
Do not worry – we have you covered! You never want to get stuck without a spare operating smart key fob. The cost of creating a duplicated key fob is significantly lower than repairing the damage to your car if you lock yourself out. Below are a few most common questions we get when people ask about our Key fob replacement services.
When would you need to reprogram a fob?
There are more reasons than you would think as to why you might need an Automotive Key expert to help you with a fob. Here’s a look at the most common reasons why people visit locksmiths for help with car fobs:
- They’ve lost a fob. In some cases, we may be able to reprogram an old fob. This varies by vehicle and fob style. It’s also possible to use generic fobs that you purchase in many cases (but check with us before you buy one on your own)
- They’ve broken a fob. If a fob has malfunctioned due to damage or age, it can sometimes be fixed and reprogrammed. You would be surprised how often these get washed or break due to water damage.
- The battery has died. If a fob’s battery dies, it’s occasionally necessary to do a proper reprogramming after replacing the battery in order to get it working again.
The main reason many people go with a third-party lock pro (like ourselves) instead of returning to a car dealership for a new fob is that dealerships typically charge a lot for replacement fobs. You will find that you are able to pay a fraction of the price by having a fob reprogrammed vs replaced. If you don’t have a fob to work with, turning a generic fob into a custom fob with some programming help from a lock pro can also cut costs – just ask us first so we can advise you on the best option for your situation!
What is the cost of Key Fob Replacement?
There are a few factors to consider when in the market to reprogram a fob. While it’s hard to provide a universal estimate, the general cost is between $100 and $300 per key fob for reprogramming. A few factors that may determine price:
- Fob Type: Smart keys with a transponder (RFID), keyless ignition, or other extra features tend to be more expensive to reprogram.
- Vehicle Brand: Key fob complexity varies by manufacturer. Certain car brands make it harder to reprogram keys.
- Vehicle Model: Within a car brand, specific models have more complex key fobs than others.
At Automotive Solutions, we specialize in all types of automotive locks, smart keys, and fobs! Our team can reprogram keys for any make and model for far less than what your local dealership will charge. We are ready to help you get back on the road with peace of mind! Don’t get locked into a high price with a dealership fob. Contact us today for a quote!